Monday, July 25, 2011

Mafia Wars - Brazil

In an attempt to revitalize my interest in Mafia Wars, I traveled over to their Brazil area. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Mafia Wars is a little different when you travel and I don't just mean the names of properties and weapons. The interface changes and your quests are structured differently. In order to buy new properties, and upgrade those properties, you need to complete quests. Your quests actually tell you what your loot is and you do not have to keep scouring the page to check on your energy and experience gauges because they integrate them into the quest box. The different locations use different currency so my New York dollars are useless in Brazil, as are your New York weapons.

Looking at all this made me wonder why the crew at Zynga are using 2 different interfaces. The only thing I can speculate is that either the New York interface is a little easier and maybe better for newer users. Maybe they want to try and provide a different user experience in the different areas.

I'm not totally sure, but I am enjoying the Brazil experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment