Wednesday, May 25, 2011

About this Blog


Hobby Horse
 "One Hobby At A Time" Is a blog dedicated to hobbies. Whether its sports, collecting, gardening, electronics, modeling or arts, I want to try them all.

The original concept for this site came from my wife, who after seeing me try a dozen different hobbies to only get distracted by other hobbies, thought it would be a good idea to use that energy to good, and thus "One Hobby At A Time" was born.

My goal is to try a new hobby every month. Each month I will break the hobby up into 4 phases:

  1. Research: This phase consists of studying the history of the hobby, and how it game about.
  2. Preparation: I will have a goal to reach at the end of each month, so I plan the month out to reach the goal. The goal is important because many hobbies are very complex or very in difficulty. Also, I am father of 2 and need to make time for my family
  3. Execution: This is the fun part. During the execution phase, I will write, take photographs, shoot movies and blog my experiences with the hobby.
  4. Conclusion: Each month will end with me writing up a summary of the hobby. What my expenses were, amount of difficulty or skill required, how much time was required, and generally how much I enjoyed the hobby.
And that’s about it.

Do I really think I will be able to do a hobby every month? Probably not. Many hobbies are very expensive and time consuming and I simply do not have the resources to do everyone, but I will do my best to be a thorough and consistent as possible.

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I will enjoy the hobbies, and feel free to contact me with any questions, or recommendations @ onehobbyatatime@gmail.com