Friday, July 15, 2011

Social Network Gaming: Day 14

FrontierVille - Day 14
I am quickly finding myself paying more attention City of Wonders and Farmville more than FrontierVille and Mafia Wars. Bejeweled Blitz and Words with Friends I still catch up with once a day, but otherwise I'm excited about logging in and seeing if my crops are ready to be harvested yet, or if my Civilization has grown.

FrontierVille is quickly dropping to the bottom spot due to its inane quests and constant pop-ups. I think I am going to have to spend real money on this game to really get anywhere. I have 3 buildings that I cannot build without a series of nails, hammers, paint, and boards, which I cannot acquire unless I buy them with horseshoes (real world money) or have my friends send them to me as gifts. The game is smart, so it won't allow you to send a new gift request to a friend until the old one has been sent back or expired.


City of Wonders - Day 14

City of Wonders
I have started some sort of quest or seasonal mini-game where I am building up zombies that I eventually will have to eradicate. I originally started it because the zombie buildings are extremely cheap but provide a massive amount of culture points. 

In the middle of this, the workshop option opened up for me. This allows me to cultivate resources that I gain from farms and mines to build new buildings. 
I am still really happy with this game, but I need to add friends in order to expand my boundaries which I'm not sure how I'm going to do. My 11 year old nephew just got a Facebook account, so I'm thinking about bugging him to join to help me out.


FarmVille - Day 14
FarmVille
I can't expand my farm until I amass more friends, which I don't really see happening, so my next step is waiting for the British land to unlock in a day or two. Until then I am just stockpiling cash to spend on the new farm. 

The Greenhouse is a pretty neat feature. It allows me to combine different types of seeds to create a whole new plant that usually yields a lot more money than its genetic predecessors. 

I have finally mastered a seed, but so far, I am not sure what benefit I get from doing that. Maybe they cultivate faster, or I gain some more money from harvesting it.



Mafia Wars - Day 14
Mafia Wars
I'm not sure how much more punishment I can take in this game. As far as jobs go, the game is pretty simple, but there is some crucial mechanic that I am missing when it comes to attacking other players. It either has to do with my small mob, my common weapons, or both. I can't imagine that everyone playing Mafia Wars uses real money and has 100 friends that they play with, but sure enough, my losses reflect that. I'm thinking that the crafting mechanics to this game may be the key, but I would still need to spend some real world cash in order to make it work that way I need too. I think I may do some research and see if there is anything I can do


Bejeweled Blitz - Day 14

Bejeweled Blitz
This game is still hit and miss with points. Some games I will score over 100,000 points, others I will have trouble getting over 20,000 points. I am in the process of hoarding money for boosts right now so I would expect my scores will not be to high for a little while. I'm thinking that near the end of the month I will go crazy and spend all my coin going for an all-time high score.









Words With Friends
Nothing new to report besides my brain starting to fry from all the word matches.






No comments:

Post a Comment